Does scripting / handicapping / momentum exist? Below, we check out the evidence.
Evidence allegedly in favor of scripting
In the articles listed below, we investigate the alleged evidence in favor of scripting.
- Fact check: Does the momentum swing when a player takes an early lead?
- Fact check: Did UEFA EURO 2008 have a momentum feature?
- Peer reviewed: Johnny Cupcakes’ experiment on Reddit
- Fact check: Does EA’s newly patented matchmaking concept prove SHM?
- Dismantling the typical argument in favor of scripting
- Fact check: Is an EA paper on Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment evidence that DDA is in FUT?
- Fact check: Is “dramatic moments” equal to momentum in FIFA 18?
- Fact check: Did EA Spain confirm momentum on Twitter?
- Strange deflections: Why they happen
- Peer reviewed: Silvio Teixeira’s handicapping article on FIFAUTEAM.com
- Peer reviewed: FIFA Addiction’s study on TOTS performance
- Peer reviewed: Xtoonator’s handicap experiment
- Why your tackle ends up with the opponent
- When Gary Paterson had to fight momentum
- Fact check: Did Aaron McHardy admit that momentum exists?
- Momentum: There once was a momentum bar…
- I’m in a higher division in H2H seasons than FUT seasons – handicapping?
- Scripting: Does the sliders prove it’s existence?
- Handicapping and scripting: Why is it banned on EA’s forum if they have nothing to hide?
- Is adaptive difficulty present in FIFA and is it scripting?
- Is there evidence indicating that FIFA is scripted?
- Handicapping: Chat transcripts with EA’s customer service
- “Everyone knows that scripting exists”
- Scripting: Are Youtube clips evidence?
- Handicapping: David Rutter’s interview with SPOnG
- Handicapping: Madden 09 TV spot
- Momentum: The FIFA 09 guide
- Scripting: Match Intensity Table
- Momentum: The GDC paper
Evidence against manipulation
A substantial and growing amount of evidence contradicts the claim that FIFA is subject to some kind of manipulation. Check out the articles below.
- Did I just get hit by scripting?
- Why FIFA is inconsistent
- Fact check: Does the better player lose more often than he should?
- Psychological momentum is stronger in FUT
- How the opponent’s squad value influences your chances of winning
- Handicapping: Doesn’t exist in FUT 17 either
- Fact check: Does FUT have an unnatural amount of even results?
- Why momentum is a myth
- Fact check: Is there a red card boost?
- Why maintaining a 3-0 lead may be difficult at times
- Fact check: Are matches made even?
- Would scripting make EA richer? An analysis of EA’s purported motives
- Are better players handicapped?
- Are high rated squads handicapped?